Cinco Sentidos - La Colección Mixteca Edición 3 - Ticuchi con Espadilla 44.9% ABV
This batch of Ticuchi con Espadilla is an approximately 50-50 ensamble made from two wild agave varieties (a. Nussavorium & a. Rhodacantha) that grow in the Mixteca Alta of Oaxaca. Amando Alvarado Alvarez, young mezcalero of Santa Maria Ixcatlan, harvested roughly equal amounts of these agaves from the village of Cañada María Segunda Sección, Oaxaca, before trucking them back to his village and roasting them in a underground pit with palm leaves and encino oak firewood for three days. After the roast, Amando, along with friends and family members, took turns pummeling the cooked agave hearts with large wooden mallets, eventually turning them into a fermentable mash. The mash was subsequently heaped into fermenting vats made from raw hide, a local tradition common in Santa Maria Ixcatlan but practically forgotten in the rest of the country. The mash was allowed to ferment with spring water for nearly seven days, at which point it was pulled from the rawhides and double-distilled by Amando and his friends in a set of four clay pot stills. Distilled October 2022, bottles February 2023.
"La Collecion Mixteca" is a curated selection of small-batch agave spirits crafted in the rustic distilleries of the mountainous Mixteca region of Oaxaca and Puebla. Each bottling explores the maestro mezcalero's interpretation of subjecting agave endemic to the region to peculiar production methods and styles that have largely fallen out of favor in modern times. A significant portion of sales from this collection will be used for palenque improvment projects.
THE RECIPIENT IS REQUIRED TO BE 21 AND OVER IN ORDER TO RECIEVE THE ORDER
- Shipping estimates at checkout are BUSINESS DAYS (No weekends or holidays)
- Any order placed after 3pm EST will ship NEXT BUSINESS DAY
- A return request of an UNOPENED product must be made within 24 hours of receiving your shipment. Note that all returned products will be subject to a 20% restocking fee plus a $15.00 return shipment fee.
- Products that have been opened are NOT eligible for a return.
- A damaged package request and picture evidence of damaged items must be made within 24 hours of receiving your ‘shipment delivered’ email notification. Note that damaged products must be returned to us in order to receive a refund.
- A missing package request must be made within 14 days of receiving your ‘shipping confirmation’ email
- Please download the FEDEX app to manage your shipment (signature required, delivery drop location, etc.)