Mengolí de Morelos, Miahuatlán, Oaxaca 0722VFR, 47.5%, 267 bottles, July, 2022
While the first tequilana agaves arrived in Miahuatlán in the 1980s, it was the ongoing boom and bust cycles of Jalisco’s agave prices in the 1990s and 2000s that led many tequila producers to seek more steadily available and price stable sources for blue weber agaves. Even though they were far outside the boundaries of tequila’s denomination of origin, the talents of Miahuatlán’s magueyeros were well-known, and deals were made to send them tequilana clones, which they would raise and sell back to the tequila brands. Local mezcaleros found they enjoyed working with the plants, and continue to work with the plants, including this batch made by Victor from agaves grown in Mengolí.
Victor and his son Emanuel are the 3rd and 4th generations of the Ramos family to produce mezcal in the Miahuatlán district of Oaxaca. They are related to the neighboring Cortes Family by way of Victor’s wife (Emanuel’s mother), Cleotilde, whose sister Cesilia is married to Felipe
OVENS: 15 ton pit
COOK TIME: 6 Days
WOOD: encino, guamuche, mesquite
REST: tepextate and tobalá are milled immediately, others rest 5-7 Days
FERM TANKS: sabino, oak
FERM. TIME: 3-8 days
STILLS: two copper alambiques con refrescadera (275L/each)
ADJUSTMENT: puntas y colas
THE RECIPIENT IS REQUIRED TO BE 21 AND OVER IN ORDER TO RECIEVE THE ORDER
- Shipping estimates at checkout are BUSINESS DAYS (No weekends or holidays)
- Any order placed after 3pm EST will ship NEXT BUSINESS DAY
- A return request of an UNOPENED product must be made within 24 hours of receiving your shipment. Note that all returned products will be subject to a 20% restocking fee plus a $15.00 return shipment fee.
- Products that have been opened are NOT eligible for a return.
- A damaged package request and picture evidence of damaged items must be made within 24 hours of receiving your ‘shipment delivered’ email notification. Note that damaged products must be returned to us in order to receive a refund.
- A missing package request must be made within 14 days of receiving your ‘shipping confirmation’ email
- Please download the FEDEX app to manage your shipment (signature required, delivery drop location, etc.)